Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pico de Gallo and fresh guacamole





I absolutely love fresh food.  There is nothing better than fruits and vegetables and I take full advantage of that in the summer time.  I guess my 6 yr old daughter has the same feelings because she was really excited when I took her to the fruit/veggie stand this past Saturday.  When we walked in I told her to grab some of her favorite fruits and then when I asked her what she wanted me to make for dinner all she said was please please make your guacamole.  In her words my guacamole is "to die for".  This makes me laugh because she is only six but I guess she gets her love for food from her momma.  I use my homemade pico de gallo in my guacamole recipe so I have posted both.  I hope you enjoy as much as my daughter does!



Pico De Gallo 
6-8 ripe tomatoes chopped (I used a mixture of garden and roma)
1 red onion chopped
A bunch of cilantro (you can use more or less, whatever tickles your fancy)
1 jalepeno diced 
2-3 cloves of garlic minced very fine 
1 lime squeezed
salt and pepper to taste

Guacamole 
3 avacados roughly chopped
4 tablespoons of pico de gallo 
1 lime squeezed
salt and pepper to taste




No comments:

Post a Comment